Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Challenge Full of Cozies


This challenge, Cruisin' thru the Cozies, is also hosted by Socrates Book Reviews. (I also signed up for her Finishing a Series Challenge.) Between a quarter to a third of my reading in a year is often Cozy mysteries, because I like vintage mysteries and I read a lot of contemporary authors who are considered cozy authors.



A Summary of the Guidelines
(There are others, go here to check them out.)

 1) Cozy mysteries qualify. Check out Cozy-Mystery.com for definition and suggestions.
2) The qualification period is January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012.
 
There are three levels. I am joining at the Investigator Level - Read 7-12 books. I figure I can complete that easily because I am also in the Vintage Book Challenge, and many of those will be cozy mysteries.






I will list the books I read here... with links to reviews.

1.  Heads You Lose by Christianna Brand
2.  Green for Danger by Christianna Brand
3.  A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd
4.  A Fall from Grace by Robert Barnard
5.  Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
6.  With a Bare Bodkin by Cyril Hare
7.  An English Murder by Cyril Hare 
8.  Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
9.  Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear
10. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
11. Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb
12. Zombies of the Gene Pool by Sharyn McCrumb
13. The Affair of the Mutilated Mink by James Anderson
14. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
15. The Property of a Lady by Anthony Oliver
16. Lament for the Bride by Helen Reilly
17. The Cape Cod Mystery by Phoebe Atwood Taylor
  
Completion of Challenge: I completed this challenge on July 5, 2012, when I finished reading An English Murder by Cyril Hare. I will continue recording cozy novels I have read this year on this post. I may reach 12 or even more.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Welcome to the challenge. Enjoy!