Saturday, February 25, 2012

Welcome to my blog

I am starting a blog, mostly devoted to discussion of mystery novels and keeping a record of my reading. I have wanted to have a place to post book reviews and thoughts about books for years, but never got past my inertia to get it going. Recently, I have been motivated to join some reading challenges and having a blog seems the best way to be involved. So, here I am.

I read mainly mysteries. And have been since my late teens and twenties. I enjoy vintage mysteries and newer mystery series. I prefer more traditional mysteries, but there are thrillers I have enjoyed, and the line between mystery and thriller is ofter blurred. My favorite vintage mystery author is Rex Stout. Currently my favorite contemporary writer of mysteries is Elizabeth George. And I am often inspired by reading mystery blogs to try new authors and sub-genres.

No comments: